Welcome to London

Today, after a few relaxing days in Stratford-upon-Avon, we arrived in London. Being a massive city and tourist attraction, it is definitely a change of pace from the past few days. In Stratford-upon-Avon, I felt comfortable walking the streets, but here, I catch myself hurrying my steps and paying more attention to staying with the eh group than to the sights themselves. There is so much to see and I already feel as through I am missing them, and it is not even our full first day here!

Maybe I am just over-reacting. It is very possible. I am known to do that. I am going to keep an open mind regarding London. Who knows? Maybe I will end up loving it like I did with Stratford (even though I loved it since we stepped off the bus). Maybe London is an acquired taste. I just have to give it a chance. Maybe I will end up finding it magical and never want to return to the USA. Besides, I am sitting in the basement on the concrete floor while writing this as my laundry swirls round and round in the dryer. I have barely seen London, so how can I already judge it? I have only ventured from the tube to the hostel, out for food, and back again. There is still much to see and experience, good and bad! I cannot wait!

Some things I am looking forward to while in London are the shows. We are on night three out of five straight days we have shows. So far, we have seen The Hypocrite and Julius Caesar. Tonight is The Macbeths, which is apparently a modern weird take on Macbeth. After watching The Hypocrite, I am ready for more weird plays! I am also really excited for our free day because a few friends and myself are going to try to go to this place (I forget the name) where many famous musicians hung out, including Amy Winehouse and The Rolling Stones. So many good things await!

-Hailey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardships of Traveling

"King Duncan has been killed"

A walk through Braemar