#issablogentry

Demetria “Meech” McCulloh
24 April 2017
                 
#issablogentry

I didn’t feel before
I do now

Inspired
At ease
Deserving

I didn't feel before
I do now

Lost in the clouds
Peace in this unknowing

English clouds are more fluffy
Wilderhope Clouds are touchable

Always dreamed of being surrounded by clouds
Engulfed in white like it’s my wedding day

Floating
Breathing
Resting

This is more than I expected
Yet everything I’ve dreamed
I didn't feel before
I do now

Wilderhope youth hostel, Wilderhope’s youth hostel’s view, has made me at peace. It has made me realize that it’s time to dream bigger. I’ve touched the clouds now. I have to reach higher than that. I was grateful since the day I found out I was going on the trip but the thoughts, the thankfulness, the reflection and the inspiration that just being able to see Wilderhope in person, in the flesh, with my own physical eyes was life changing for me. There is not a thing that can happen on this trip or post this trip that will alter my appreciation for so much. My appreciation for love, life, travel, clouds, people, places, trees, statues, grass has grown a hundred fold!
We didn’t do much at Wilderhope (nothing was around to do other than walk and stare and talk). The simplicity and lack of activity brought us together and brought forth some productivity. People wrote in their journals, slept, took hikes. The stillness of the hostel forced us to make our own fun.

The most memorable of moments at Wilderhope for me was reciting “As You Like It” in the beautiful field. We all came together for the sake of Shakespeare and it was so much fun! People stepped out of their comfort zones, we acted, we played, we laughed so much and we bonded until it got too cold to bear. I’ll never forget it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardships of Traveling

"King Duncan has been killed"

A walk through Braemar